The Person of the Year Award is given annually to an industry leader who has made significant contributions on behalf of the construction management industry. This industry advocate possesses unparalleled leadership, high quality workmanship, and has an outstanding record of accomplishment.
- Nominees do not have to be members of CMAA.
- Award recipients may only receive recognition as Person of the Year once.
- Recipients may not be a serving member of the Association’s Board of Directors or Board of Governors.
Nominees must demonstrate:
- Impact – This individual has proven success in effecting change in the A/E/C sphere.
- Commitment – The nominee has dedicated time and energy to the industry.
- Legacy – This individual’s contributions will affect larger change for years to come.
- Individuals cannot nominate themselves, but can be nominated by any CMAA member, chapter, or committee.
- A written nomination must include a full bio of the person being nominated, a high-resolution headshot, and specific reasons for the nomination.
- Nominations should include references demonstrating a nominee’s justification for the award.
- Nominations are now closed and will reopen in May 2019.
The Selection Committee consists of members of CMAA’s Executive Committee. After careful consideration and deliberation, the Selection Committee will provide CMAA’s Chair and President & CEO with a recommendation. Upon selection, CMAA will notify the recipient of the award and the chosen individual will be honored at CMAA’s National Conference in the fall.