- Nominees must be a service provider member in good standing.
- Individuals who have received this award in the past are not eligible.
- Recipients may not be a serving member of the Association’s Board of Directors or Board of Governors.
Nominations should include:
- Examples of significant contributions this nominee has made to the practice of construction management and increasing awareness on the value of the CCM designation.
- Detailed record of meaningful contributions to the advancement of the CM profession through mentoring, advocating, promotion, and selecting professional CMs.
- Examples of the nominee's involvement with CMAA and carrying out of CMAA's mission.
- Previous awards or recognitions.
Individuals cannot nominate themselves, but can be nominated by any CMAA member, chapter, or committee. A written nomination must include a full bio of the person being nominated, specific reasons for the nomination, and a career summary that documents meaningful and extraordinary contributions to the advancement of the CM profession. Nominations must also include references from at least two individuals for a member to be eligible for consideration. Nominations are accepted year-round.
The Selection Committee consists of members of CMAA’s Executive Committee. After careful consideration and deliberation, the Selection Committee will provide CMAA’s Chair and President & CEO with a recommendation. Upon selection, CMAA will notify the recipient of the award and the chosen individual will be honored at an upcoming CMAA National event.