VISION: The CMAA Foundation envisions a future workforce that is open, inclusive, and committed to the growth and development of the profession.
MISSION: The CMAA Foundation advances and supports workforce development to support the future growth of the industry, development of research beneficial to the advancement of technological, educational, or vocational expertise in the industry, and education in the construction management profession.
How to Donate
You can contribute to the CMAA Foundation now in these convenient ways:
- Donate online directly through CMAA's member portal.
- Donate by mail. Please make checks payable to "CMAA Foundation" and mail to 200 Lawyers Road NW, #1968, Vienna, VA 22183.
- With your CMAA membership renewal. Your membership dues invoice includes an option to donate to the Foundation. Simply check the "donate" box on your invoice, and enter the amount you'd like to donate
As part of its effort to acknowledge and steward donors, the CMAA Foundation has established four donor societies. Thank you to all who have supported the CMAA Foundation over the year(s).
Foundation Scope of Work (Program Areas)
- SCHOLARSHIPS. The Foundation will support scholarships for students pursuing post-secondary degrees and careers in construction management. These may take several forms, including but not limited to, scholarships managed by the foundation, scholarships endowed by donors, and scholarships established to support CMAA Local Chapter initiatives.
- WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT. The Foundation will support workforce development in the construction and program management profession through initiatives designed to integrate current professional practice into post-secondary construction management education and to support similar initiatives within CMAA Local Chapters.
- RESEARCH. The Foundation will support applied and original research that will advance technological, educational, or vocational expertise in the industry through grants to individual scholars or teams that will stimulate development of larger research projects.
CMAA Foundation Scholarship Program
Providing financial assistance through scholarships to students pursuing post-secondary education in construction management was one of the original purposes for establishing the CMAA Foundation in 1995. Scholarships represent a tangible demonstration of the association’s commitment to the future.
Under the scope of work approved in 2018, the CMAA Foundation established a scholarship program to aid students pursuing postsecondary education that is intended to lead to a construction management career. Students must be enrolled at institutions based in the U.S. that are accredited by a U.S. regional accrediting agency.
Criteria for awarding scholarships are set by the Foundation Board of Directors, who will also review applications and make the selections; the program is managed by the Foundation’s staff.
The Foundation will award at least one, and no more than four, scholarships annually. The total value of the scholarships is limited to $10,000 per year for the first five years.
Francis M. Keville Scholarship
The Francis M. Keville Scholarship was established in 2009 by Christine Keville, FCMAA, through her firm, Keville Enterprises, Inc. It was created in honor of her late father, Frank Keville, who worked for the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, where he eventually became the director of construction and responsible for over $3 billion in projects.
Administered by the CMAA Foundation, The Francis M. Keville Scholarship honors Frank’s lifelong commitment to learning and opportunity, and reflects his values as a leader and a consummate professional. The father of three girls, Frank brought his work home, not only to study it, but also to share it with his children. This is why the scholarship is awarded each year to a female student pursuing a degree in construction management or a related discipline, who has a record of leadership and engagement both on- and off-campus, and who is planning a career in the field.
Erica Lynn First Generation Scholarship
The Erica Lynn Scholarship provides scholarships to first-generation students pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees in construction management, construction engineering, or civil engineering with an emphasis in construction management.
Any student pursuing a post-secondary education that is intended to lead to a career in construction management, and meets other baseline criteria, is eligible to apply. Students must be enrolled at institutions, based in the U.S., that are accredited by a U.S. regional accrediting agency. Scholarships are awarded annually, and recipients may reapply for one additional year.
CMAA Foundation Chapter Grants Program
The CMAA Foundation will provide grants on a competitive basis to qualified CMAA Chapters to support the early stages of developing and implementing a local, summer, student internship program, or Rising Construction Manager conference. These grants are limited to start-up activities.
Applications for the Chapter Grants Program may be submitted by the President of any CMAA Local Chapter in good standing.
The CMAA Foundation was formed in 1999 in order to supplement the work of the association through philanthropic activity. From 1999-2016, the Foundation provided scholarship support to students pursuing careers in construction management, conducted research to deliver highly informative content like Future Focus 2012+, the Survey of Owners series, the CM Career Guide, and CMAA’s White Paper series.
You can find links to copies of these materials and others below:
- 2015 Survey of Owners
- Career video
- Value of CM
- Future Focus 2012+
- FMI/CMAA Twelfth Annual Survey of Owners (2011)
- FMI/CMAA Eleventh Annual Survey of Owners (2010)
- FMI/CMAA Tenth Annual Survey of Owners (2009)
CM Career Guide
Interested in learning what professional construction management/program management is all about, and the potential career paths and education level required? View CMAA's Career Guide.
Contact the Foundation
Email us with any questions, or call us at 703-356-2622. Send us mail to CMAA Foundation, 200 Lawyers Road NW, #1968, Vienna, VA 22183.