VISION: The CMAA Foundation envisions a future workforce that is open, inclusive, and committed to the growth and development of the profession.
MISSION: The CMAA Foundation advances and supports workforce development to support the future growth of the industry, development of research beneficial to the advancement of technological, educational, or vocational expertise in the industry, and education in the construction management profession.
2020 Giving Societies
As part of its effort to acknowledge and steward donors, the CMAA Foundation has established four donor societies as described here. Thank you to all who have supported the CMAA Foundation over the year(s).
CMAA Foundation Scholarship Program
Under the scope of work approved in 2018, the CMAA Foundation has established a new scholarship program to aid students pursuing postsecondary education that is intended to lead to a construction management career.
Criteria for awarding scholarships are set by the Foundation Board of Directors, who will also review applications and make the selections; the program is managed by the Foundation’s staff.
CMAA Foundation Chapter Grants Program
The CMAA Foundation will provide grants on a competitive basis to qualified CMAA Chapters to support the early stages of developing and implementing a local, summer, student internship program, or Rising Construction Manager conference. These grants are limited to start-up activities.
Applications for the Chapter Grants Program may be submitted by the President of any CMAA Regional Chapter in good standing.
Foundation Scope of Work (Program Areas)
- SCHOLARSHIPS. The Foundation will support scholarships for students pursuing post-secondary degrees and careers in construction management. These may take several forms, including but not limited to, scholarships managed by the foundation, scholarships endowed by donors, and scholarships established to support CMAA Regional Chapter initiatives.
- WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT. The Foundation will support workforce development in the construction & program management profession through initiatives designed to integrate current professional practice into post-secondary construction management education and to support similar initiatives within CMAA Regional Chapters.
- RESEARCH. The Foundation will support applied and original research that will advance technological, educational, or vocational expertise in the industry through grants to individual scholars or teams that will stimulate development of larger research projects.
How to Donate
You can contribute to the CMAA Foundation now in these convenient ways:
- Donate online directly through CMAA's member portal.
- Donate by mail. Please make checks payable to "CMAA Foundation" and mail to 200 Lawyers Road NW, #1968, Vienna, VA 22183.
- With your CMAA membership renewal. Your membership dues invoice includes an option to donate to the Foundation. Simply check the "donate" box on your invoice, and enter the amount you'd like to donate.
The CMAA Foundation was formed in 1999 in order to supplement the work of the association through philanthropic activity. From 1999-2016, the Foundation provided scholarship support to students pursuing careers in construction management, conducted research to deliver highly informative content like Future Focus 2012+, the Survey of Owners series, the CM Career Guide, and CMAA’s White Paper series.
You can find links to copies of these materials and others below:
- 2015 Survey of Owners
- Career video
- Value of CM
- Future Focus 2012+
- FMI/CMAA Twelfth Annual Survey of Owners (2011)
- FMI/CMAA Eleventh Annual Survey of Owners (2010)
- FMI/CMAA Tenth Annual Survey of Owners (2009)
CM Career Guide
Interested in learning what professional construction management/program management is all about, and the potential career paths and education level required? View CMAA's Career Guide.
Contact the Foundation
Email us with any questions, or call us at 703-356-2622. Send us mail to CMAA Foundation, 200 Lawyers Road NW, #1968, Vienna, VA 22183.