VISION: The CMAA Foundation envisions a future workforce that is open, inclusive, and committed to the growth and development of the profession.
MISSION: The CMAA Foundation advances and supports workforce development to support the future growth of the industry, development of research beneficial to the advancement of technological, educational, or vocational expertise in the industry, and education in the construction management profession.
Nominations Sought for Foundation Board of Directors
The CMAA Foundation Board of Directors is responsible for governing the foundation using best practices in nonprofit governance and focuses its attention and activities on setting the strategic direction of the organization. This calls for individuals prepared to make decisions regarding the best interests of the foundation overall and not to advocate for special or regional interests.
The Nominating Committee is therefore seeking nominations of CMAA members in good standing to the CMAA Foundation Board of Directors. These individuals should have a record of demonstrated leadership experience, particularly within CMAA's regional chapters or national committees; or governance or leadership experience within other nonprofit organizations or professional societies (local or national).
The completed nomination form and other required materials are due May 1, 2020. Complete the Nomination Form Here.
The 2020 Francis M. Keville Scholarship
The Francis M. Keville Scholarship was established in 2009 by Christine Keville, FCMAA, through her firm, Keville Enterprises, Inc., in honor of her late father. Frank’s passion for construction was inherited by his daughters and granddaughters, who are all engaged in the construction industry.
The scholarship, administered by the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) Foundation, honors Frank’s lifelong commitment to learning and opportunity, and reflects his values as a leader and a consummate professional.
The Francis M. Keville Scholarship is awarded each year to a female student pursuing a degree in construction management or a related discipline at an institution accredited by a U.S. regional accrediting agency, who has a record of leadership and engagement both on- and off-campus, and who is planning a career in the field.
To apply for The 2020 Francis M. Keville Scholarship, please read the application guidelines and complete and submit the application by the deadline of April 30, 2020.
Foundation Scope of Work (Program Areas)
- SCHOLARSHIPS. The Foundation will support scholarships for students pursuing post-secondary degrees and careers in construction management. These may take several forms, including but not limited to, scholarships managed by the foundation, scholarships endowed by donors, and scholarships established to support CMAA Regional Chapter initiatives.
- WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT. The Foundation will support workforce development in the construction & program management profession through initiatives designed to integrate current professional practice into post-secondary construction management education and to support similar initiatives within CMAA Regional Chapters.
- RESEARCH. The Foundation will support applied and original research that will advance technological, educational, or vocational expertise in the industry through grants to individual scholars or teams that will stimulate development of larger research projects.
How to Donate
You can contribute to the CMAA Foundation now in these convenient ways:
- Donate online directly through CMAA's member portal.
- Donate by mail. Please make checks payable to "CMAA Foundation" and mail to 7926 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 800, McLean, VA 22102.
- With your CMAA membership renewal. Your membership dues invoice includes an option to donate to the Foundation. Simply check the "donate" box on your invoice, and enter the amount you'd like to donate.
The CMAA Foundation was formed in 1999 in order to supplement the work of the association through philanthropic activity. From 1999-2016, the Foundation provided scholarship support to students pursuing careers in construction management, conducted research to deliver highly informative content like Future Focus 2012+, the Survey of Owners series, the CM Career Guide, and CMAA’s White Paper series.
You can find links to copies of these materials and others below:
- 2015 Survey of Owners
- Career video
- Value of CM
- Future Focus 2012+
- FMI/CMAA Twelfth Annual Survey of Owners (2011)
- FMI/CMAA Eleventh Annual Survey of Owners (2010)
- FMI/CMAA Tenth Annual Survey of Owners (2009)
CM Career Guide
Interested in learning what professional construction management/program management is all about, and the potential career paths and education level required? View CMAA's Career Guide.
Contact the Foundation
Email us with any questions, or call us at 703-356-2622. Send us mail to CMAA Foundation, 7926 Jones Branch Drive, #800, McLean, VA 22102.