- Nominees must be CMAA members in good standing.
- Team or organizational nominees must include at least one CMAA member in good standing who was involved in the initiative described in the nomination package.
- Current members of the CMAA Board of Directors, the CMAA Foundation Board of Directors, and the CMCI Board of Governors are not eligible for this award.
Nominations should include:
- Whether the individual, team or, organization is being nominated for a particular project or program, a company-wide initiative, a client initiative, or for service to the industry.
- An overview of the innovation or best practice in environmental stewardship that was crucial to the success of the project, program, initiative, or service.
- Demonstrated organizational support for implementation of these initiatives.
- The ways the nominee(s) demonstrated outstanding leadership in making environmental stewardship a core tenet of the owner’s definitions for success of the project, program, initiative, or service.
Individuals cannot nominate themselves, but can be nominated by any CMAA member, chapter, or committee. A written nomination must include a full bio of the person being nominated, a high-resolution headshot, and specific reasons for the nomination. We are now accepting nominations, which are due May 29, 2020.
Individuals may only be nominated by a CMAA member, chapter Board of Directors, or national committee. A written nomination must include a brief biography of the nominee that includes a summary of his/her contributions and how those contributions demonstrate his/her achievement of the purpose(s) of the award and the award criteria.
Teams or organizations can be nominated by any CMAA member, including those employed by the nominated organization, as the honor is also meant to acknowledge the contributions of group. Members of the CMAA Board of Directors, CMAA Foundation Board of Directors, and CMCI Board of Governors cannot nominate their own teams or organizations, but organizations that employ sitting officers may be nominated by others. Teams or organizations that have previously received this award are eligible to receive it again, but for different initiatives not reflected in prior nominations or awards.
For team or organizational nominees, the nominations packet must also include an organizational profile, and a summary of the organization’s contributions how those contributions demonstrate overall achievement of the purpose(s) of the award and the award criteria. All nominations must also include at least three letters of support; these are limited to one page each.
The Selection Committee consists of members of CMAA’s Executive Committee and may include consultation with the Chair of the Sustainability Committee. After careful consideration and deliberation, the Selection Committee will provide CMAA’s Chair and President & CEO with a recommendation. Upon selection, CMAA will notify the recipient of the award and the chosen individual will be honored at CMAA’s National Conference in the fall.