The CMAA Foundation was created by the Construction Management Association of America to provide dedicated, consistent funding for activities designed to strengthen the professional practice of CM, expand basic knowledge in the field, and attract talented newcomers. The Foundation is committed to promoting CM careers and improving education, conducted research, providing financial support for CMAA's leadership of the ABET accreditation process, in addition to funding annual scholarships, and hosting scholarship recipients at CMAA's National Conference & Trade Show.
Each year, the CMAA Foundation offers scholarships to qualified students. These scholarship are meant to help offset the cost of pursuing a CM or CM-related degree. The Francis M. Keville Memorial Scholarship is awarded each year to a female student pursuing a degree in CM or a related discipline with a record of leadership and engagement both on and off campus. The submission period for 2018 has closed and will open in February 2019.
Many of CMAA's Chapters also offer their own scholarships. Please visit the chapter website in your area to inquire on availability of scholarships. Chapter scholarship applications will not be accepted by the National office.
When you contribute to the CMAA Foundation, you are putting money to work, by investing in the future of professional construction management. Donations to the Foundation fund CMAA's efforts to advance professional CM within the AEC community by highlighting the benefits of using CM services; and in turn, contributing to successful project delivery by reducing risk, improving safety, and meeting schedule and budget requirements.
Both individuals and organizations can contribute to the CMAA Foundation, and all gifts are fully tax deductible. Your gift to the CMAA Foundation supports such vital work as:
- ABET accreditation of undergraduate – and soon, masters-level – CM education.
- In-depth studies of the key trends and issues.
- Promotion of careers in CM.
In 2017 and beyond, the Foundation is advancing its activities still further, with:
- Expanded educational outreach to owners.
- A major new public service campaign which demonstrates the advantages of using professional construction/program management.
- The Foundation’s initiatives are clearly aligned with and support the goals of CMAA and will make a concrete difference to the future of your profession.
How to Donate
You can contribute to the Foundation now in these convenient ways:
- Donate online directly through CMAA's member portal.
- Donate by mail. Please make checks payable to "CMAA Foundation" and mail to 7926 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 800, McLean, VA 22102.
- With your CMAA membership renewal. Your membership dues invoice includes an option to donate to the Foundation. Simply check the "donate" box on your invoice, and enter the amount you'd like to donate.
- Legacy and asset donation. The CMAA Foundation also welcomes transfers of stocks, bonds or other assets, and provisions in estate plans for gifts to the Foundation.
CMAA's Foundation works alongside the world's top consulting firms to deliver highly informative content, like Future Focus 2012+, the "Survey of Owners" series, the CM Career Guide, and CMAA's annual white papers. Contributions to the Foundation help support CM industry research.
Read the CMAA Foundation's research on the benefits of professional CM found below.
- 2015 Survey of Owners
- Career video
- Value of CM
- Future Focus 2012+
- FMI/CMAA Twelfth Annual Survey of Owners (2011)
- FMI/CMAA Eleventh Annual Survey of Owners (2010)
- FMI/CMAA Tenth Annual Survey of Owners (2009)
CM Career Guide
Interesting in learning what professional construction management/program management is all about, and the potential career paths and education level required? View CMAA's Career Guide.
Contact the Foundation
Email us. Call us at 703-356-2622. Send us mail to CMAA Foundation, 7926 Jones Branch Drive, #800, McLean, VA 22102.