- Nominees must be CMAA members in good standing.
- Organizational nominees must include at least one CMAA member in good standing who was involved in the outreach effort described in the nomination package.
- Recipients may not be a serving member of the Association’s Board of Directors or Board of Governors.
Nominations should include:
- An overview of how this nominee raised the bar in promoting the practice of Construction Management.
- Examples of significant contributions this nominee has made to increase awareness on the value of the CCM within the owner organization or toward contracted CM firms.
- Examples of the nominee's involvement with CMAA and carrying out of CMAA's mission aimed at owners either at the local Chapter or National level.
- Previous awards or recognitions.
- Individuals cannot nominate themselves, but can be nominated by any CMAA member, chapter, or committee.
- Organizations can be nominated by any CMAA member, including those employed by the nominated organization, as the honor is meant to reflect on the whole, rather than an individual. Association officers of the Board of Directors and Board of Governors cannot nominate their own organizations, but organizations that employ sitting officers may be nominated by others. Organizations who have previously received this award are eligible to receive it again, but for different outreach efforts not reflected in prior nomination/award.
- For individual nominees, the nominations packet must include a full bio or resume, a high-resolution headshot, and the reasons for the nomination, which should, at the minimum, address the criteria mentioned above.
- For organizational nominees, the nominations packet must include an organization profile, either a high-resolution photo of the outreach team or a representational photo for the organization, and the reasons for the nomination, which should, at the minimum, address the criteria mentioned above.
- We are now accepting nominations, which are due by May 24, 2019.
The Selection Committee consists of members of CMAA’s Executive Committee. If an Executive Committee member is employed by an organization nominated for this award, the member will be excused from any and all discussions pertaining to this award. After careful consideration and deliberation, the Selection Committee will provide CMAA’s Chair and President & CEO with a recommendation. Upon selection, CMAA will notify the recipient of the award and the chosen individual will be honored at CMAA’s National Conference in the fall.