The CMAA Distinguished Owner Award recognizes an owner who understands the value of a professional CM on-the-job and whose consistent actions, demonstrated over a number of years, have made meaningful/extraordinary contributions to the advancement of the CM profession, such as mentoring, advocating, promoting, and selecting professional CMs.
- Nominees must be an owner member in good standing.
- Individuals who have received this award in the past are not eligible.
- Nominees may not be a serving member of the Association’s Board of Directors or the CMCI Board of Governors.
- Demonstrated lasting effects or positive impact on the construction management industry.
- Significant contributions to the practice of construction management and increasing awareness of the value of the CCM designation and other CMCI credentials.
- Examples of the nominee's involvement with CMAA and carrying out of CMAA's mission.
Individuals may only be nominated by a CMAA member, chapter, or committee. Self-nominations are not accepted. The nomination must include a brief biography of the person being nominated and a narrative that highlights how the nominee has met the criteria. Nominations should include up to three letters of support for the individual. Deadline for submissions is May 15, 2022.
The Selection Committee consists of members of CMAA’s Executive Committee. After careful consideration and deliberation, the Selection Committee will select a finalist. Upon selection, CMAA will notify the recipient of the award and he/she will be honored at CMAA2022 in October.