- Nominees must be members in good standing.
- Recipients may not be a serving member of the Association’s Board of Directors or Board of Governors.
- Nominees must have an Experience Modification Rate (EMR) below 1.0.
- No firm may receive the award more than one time in a five-year period.
Criteria to be considered in the review of nominations include:
- Innovative approaches to safety on the job site(s).
- Innovative approaches to safety in the office and other offsite locations.
- Demonstration of a culture of safety education across the firm.
Individuals can be nominated by any CMAA member, chapter, or committee. A written nomination must include a full company profile of the firm being nominated, and specific reasons for the nomination. Nominations are now closed and will reopen in May 2019.
The Selection Committee consists of members of CMAA’s Executive Committee. After careful consideration and deliberation, the Selection Committee will make a recommendation to the Chair of the Board of Directors, who will make the final selection. Upon selection, CMAA will notify the recipient of the award and the chosen individual(s) will be honored at CMAA’s National Conference in the fall.