The CMAA Educator of the Year Award emphasizes excellence in teaching. The award recognizes and celebrates a full-time educator for outstanding professional accomplishments and a commitment to construction management education.
- Nominees must be a full-time faculty member (lecturer, tenured, or faculty appointment).
- Individuals who have received this award in the past are not eligible.
Nominations should include:
- A succinct overview of the nominee's teaching career demonstrating outstanding leadership, commitment, and collaborative efforts between colleagues and the education community.
- Examples of how this nominee has gone above and beyond the norm, taking their teaching of construction management to the highest levels of excellence.
- Examples of how this nominee helped educate the world on the importance of a professional construction manager.
- Examples of the nominee's involvement with CMAA and carrying out of CMAA's mission.
- Previous awards or recognitions.
Individuals cannot nominate themselves, but can be nominated by any CMAA member, chapter, committee, students, faculty members, department chairs, and/or higher education administrators.
A written nomination must include a full bio of the educator being nominated, a high-resolution headshot, specific reasons for the nomination, and a career summary that documents teaching excellence, effectiveness, and evidence of course instruction.
Nominations must also include references from at least three individuals for a faculty member to be eligible for consideration. At least one of the references must be a prior or current student. We are now accepting nominations, which are due by May 21, 2020.
The Selection Committee consists of members of CMAA’s Executive Committee. If an educator is a member of the Executive Committee and has been nominated, the nominee will be excused from any and all discussions pertaining to this award. After careful consideration and deliberation, the Selection Committee will provide CMAA’s Chair and President & CEO with a recommendation. Upon selection, CMAA will notify the recipient of the award and the chosen individual will be honored at CMAA’s National Conference in the fall.