- Nominees must be under the age of 35, an early career professional, and a CMAA member in good standing.
- Individuals who have received this award in the past are not eligible.
- Recipients may not be a serving member of the Association’s Board of Directors or Board of Governors.
Nominations should include:
- A succinct overview of how the nominee has committed his/her career to learning the profession of construction management.
- Detailed examples of how this nominee has helped educate others on the importance of a professional construction manager (e.g., returned to their university to teach, talk, recruit).
- Examples of the nominee's involvement with CMAA and carrying out of CMAA's mission.
- Previous awards or recognitions.
- A letter of support from nominee's supervisor.
- Is this nominee a CMIT.
Individuals cannot nominate themselves, but can be nominated by any CMAA member, chapter, or committee. A written nomination must include a full bio of the person being nominated, a high-resolution headshot, and specific reasons for the nomination. We are now accepting nominations, which are due by May 15, 2019.
The Selection Committee consists of members of CMAA’s Executive Committee. After careful consideration and deliberation, the Selection Committee will provide CMAA’s Chair and President & CEO with a recommendation. Upon selection, CMAA will notify the recipient of the award and the chosen individual will be honored at CMAA’s National Conference in the fall.