- Nominees must be CMAA members in good standing.
- Individuals who have received this award in the past are not eligible.
- Recipients may not be a serving member of the Association’s Board of Directors or Board of Governors.
Nominations should include:
- A succinct overview of the nominee's contribution to innovation or best practice in sustainability, whether it be on a particular project, program, initiative, or service.
- Overview of sustainability efforts and innovation which contributed to the success of the project and demonstrated organizational support for implementation and new initiatives.
- If nominating a company in lieu of an individual, explain the reason and the number of people involved.
- Examples of the nominee's involvement with CMAA and carrying out of CMAA's mission.
- If this is based on a particular project, has this project been recognized with other awards? If yes, explain.
Individuals cannot nominate themselves, but can be nominated by any CMAA member, chapter, or committee. A written nomination must include a full bio of the person being nominated, a high-resolution headshot, and specific reasons for the nomination. We are now accepting nominations, which are due May 15, 2019.
The Selection Committee consists of members of CMAA’s Executive Committee and may include consultation with the Chair of the Sustainability Committee. After careful consideration and deliberation, the Selection Committee will provide CMAA’s Chair and President & CEO with a recommendation. Upon selection, CMAA will notify the recipient of the award and the chosen individual will be honored at CMAA’s National Conference in the fall.