The CMAA Educator of the Year Award emphasizes excellence in teaching. The award recognizes and celebrates a full-time educator for outstanding professional accomplishments and a commitment to construction management education.
- Nominees must be a full-time faculty member (lecturer, tenured, or faculty appointment).
- Individuals who have received this award in the past are not eligible.
Nominees must be teachers who:
- Instill in students a desire to learn and to achieve.
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership and a commitment to the profession.
- Maintain their teaching position throughout the 2018-2019 year.
- Understand the individual needs of students and build on their talents in the A/E/C industry.
- Foster collaborative relationships with both their colleagues and the community.
- Promote innovation and the use of technology.
- Have shown a willingness to challenge the status quo and support creative thinking to solve problems.
Individuals cannot nominate themselves, but can be nominated by any CMAA member, chapter, committee, students, faculty members, department chairs, and/or higher education administrators.
A written nomination must include a full bio of the educator being nominated, a high-resolution headshot, specific reasons for the nomination, and a career summary that documents teaching excellence, effectiveness, and evidence of course instruction.
Nominations must also include references from at least three individuals for a faculty member to be eligible for consideration. At least one of the references must be a prior or current student. Nominations are now closed and will reopen in May 2019.
The Selection Committee consists of members of CMAA’s Executive Committee. If an educator is a member of the Executive Committee and has been nominated, the nominee will be excused from any and all discussions pertaining to this award. After careful consideration and deliberation, the Selection Committee will provide CMAA’s Chair and President & CEO with a recommendation. Upon selection, CMAA will notify the recipient of the award and the chosen individual will be honored at CMAA’s National Conference in the fall.