- Nominees must be CMAA members in good standing.
- Individuals who have received this award in the past are not eligible.
- Recipients may not be a serving member of the Association’s Board of Directors or Board of Governors.
Nominations should outline the following:
- Whether the individual is being nominated for a particular project or program, a company-wide initiative, a client initiative, or for service to the industry.
- An overview of the innovation or best practice in sustainability that was crucial to the success of the project, program, initiative, or service.
- Demonstrated organizational support for implementation of sustainability and new initiatives.
- The ways the nominee demonstrated outstanding leadership in making sustainability a core tenet of the success of the project, program, initiative, or service.
Individuals cannot nominate themselves, but can be nominated by any CMAA member, chapter, or committee. A written nomination must include a full bio of the person being nominated, a high-resolution headshot, and specific reasons for the nomination. Nominations are now closed and will reopen in May 2019.
The Selection Committee consists of members of CMAA’s Executive Committee and may include consultation with the Chair of the Sustainability Committee. After careful consideration and deliberation, the Selection Committee will provide CMAA’s Chair and President & CEO with a recommendation. Upon selection, CMAA will notify the recipient of the award and the chosen individual will be honored at CMAA’s National Conference in the fall.