- Nominees must be members in good standing.
- Recipients may not be a serving member of the Association’s Board of Directors or Board of Governors.
- Nominees must have an Experience Modification Rate (EMR) below 1.0.
- No firm may receive the award more than one time in a five-year period.
Nominations should include:
- A succinct overview of the nominee's dedication and commitment to safety and a culture of safety education.
- Detailed examples that illustrate innovative approaches to safety on the job, in the office, offsite locations, and throughout the firm.
- Examples of the nominee's involvement with CMAA and carrying out of CMAA's mission.
- Number of individuals associated with this nomination.
- Previous awards or recognitions.
Organizations can be nominated by any CMAA member, chapter, or committee. A written nomination must include a full company profile of the firm being nominated, and specific reasons for the nomination. Nominations are accepted year-round.
The Selection Committee consists of members of CMAA’s Executive Committee. After careful consideration and deliberation, the Selection Committee will provide CMAA’s Chair and President & CEO with a recommendation. Upon selection, CMAA will notify the recipient of the award and the chosen individual will be honored at an upcoming CMAA National event.