- Nominees must be under the age of 35, an early career professional, and a CMAA member in good standing.
- Individuals who have received this award in the past are not eligible.
- Recipients may not be a serving member of the Association’s Board of Directors or Board of Governors.
Nominations should include:
- A succinct overview of how the nominee has committed his/her career to learning the profession of construction management.
- Detailed examples of how this nominee has helped educate others on the importance of a professional construction manager (e.g., returned to their university to teach, talk, recruit).
- Examples of the nominee's involvement with CMAA and carrying out of CMAA's mission.
- Previous awards or recognitions.
- A letter of support from nominee's supervisor.
- Is this nominee a CMIT.
Individuals cannot nominate themselves, but can be nominated by any CMAA member, chapter, or committee. A written nomination must include a full bio of the person being nominated and specific reasons for the nomination. Nominations are accepted year-round.
The Selection Committee consists of members of CMAA’s Executive Committee. After careful consideration and deliberation, the Selection Committee will provide CMAA’s Chair and President & CEO with a recommendation. Upon selection, CMAA will notify the recipient of the award and the chosen individual will be honored at an upcoming CMAA National event.