The CMAA Mark Hasso Educator of the Year Award emphasizes excellence in teaching. The award recognizes and celebrates a full-time educator for outstanding professional accomplishments and a commitment to construction management education.
- Nominees must be a full-time faculty member (lecturer, tenured, or faculty appointment).
- Individuals who have received this award in the past are not eligible..
Nominations should include:
- A teaching career demonstrating outstanding leadership, commitment, and collaborative efforts between colleagues and the education community.
- A record of going above and beyond the norm, taking their teaching of construction management to the highest levels of excellence.
- A record of educating those outside the academy on the importance of a professional construction manager.
- Involvement with CMAA and carrying out of CMAA's mission.
Individuals can be nominated by any CMAA member, chapter, or committee. Nominations may also be submitted by students, faculty members, department chairs, and/or higher education administrators. Self-nominations are not permitted. The nomination must include a brief biography of the person being nominated and a narrative that highlights how the nominee has met the criteria. Nominations should include up to three letters of support for the individual.
Nominations are due by May 15, 2022.
The Selection Committee consists of members of CMAA’s Executive Committee. If an educator is a member of the Executive Committee and has been nominated, the nominee will be excused from any and all discussions pertaining to this award. After careful consideration and deliberation, the Selection Committee will select a finalist. . Upon selection, CMAA will notify the recipient of the award and the chosen individual will be honored at CMAA2022.