Washington, DC, USA - Today, 29 real estate industry organizations, representing more than 10 million jobs, announced a ground-breaking collaboration to highlight the diverse career paths within the real estate sector.
The first initiative of this collaboration is a new website entitled Careers Building Communities (www.CareersBuildingCommunities.org), which allows visitors to navigate through the scores of career paths across all sectors of real estate. For the first time, students in high school, college, technical programs and community colleges can explore possible career pathways within real estate by taking an interactive quiz and discover career opportunities.
As the industry seeks to fill millions of jobs, this site serves as an all-inclusive resource for students, educators, career changers and other stakeholders to explore the unlimited opportunities in the field of real estate.
“Many of us working in real estate or construction-related positions learned from the ground up, without any knowledge of the full range of opportunities that exist,” states Andrea S. Rutledge, CAE, President/CEO of the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA). Collaborating with 28 other organizations on ‘Careers Building Communities’ makes our combined goal of improving our workforce possible.”
About Careers Building Communities
Careers Building Communities is a strategic collaboration of 29 real estate-related organizations focused on raising awareness and attracting diverse talent to the many careers available across the built environment. CareersBuildingCommunities.org is a platform designed for students, educators and other individuals to explore each industry sector and learn more about education and employment opportunities. Learn more at www.CareersBuildingCommunities.org.
Careers Building Communities 29 Collaborating Organizations:
- American Institute of Architects
- American Resort Development Association
- American Society of Interior Designers
- American Society of Landscape Architects
- The Appraisal Institute
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc.
- Associated General Contractors
- Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate
- BOMI International: Independent Institute for Property and Facility Management Education
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International
- CCIM Institute
- Construction Management Association of America
- Construction Specifications Institute
- CoreNet Global
- Counselors of Real Estate
- CREW Network
- Institute of Real Estate Management
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- International Facility Management Association
- International Interior Design Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- NAIOP: Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- National Apartment Association
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
- National Multifamily Housing Council
- The Real Estate Roundtable
- REALTORS Land Institute
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors
- Urban Land Institute Worldwide